We are searching for a new team member:
Laboratory Technician / R&D Assistant
With a science background and the desire to support analysis, investigation, research and development, you will work as a scientific laboratory technician/ R&D Assistant.
You'll be involved in a variety of laboratory- and pilot-based investigations within chemical and process engineering topics.
You may carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analysing of results as part of a scientific team. Your job is to provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
The work plays an important role in the foundation stages of our research and development (R&D) and in the scientific analysis and investigation to develop a solution for our customers.
- following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
- carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
- preparing samples;
- constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters;
- ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues;
- perform mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
- keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
- conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the research;
- a degree in chemical lab techniques, a degree in chemical engineering or chemistry is required;
- the ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems;
- good hand-eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy;
- the ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment;
- time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time;
- flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people;
- excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organisation and to explain complex techniques to interested parties;
- experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports;
- teamwork skills and patience;
- attention to detail.
We are looking for a full-time or part-time (4/5) colleague.
We are looking forward to welcome you in our team!